Friday, February 25, 2011

Photography Composition

Having taken a couple photography classes for school, and also being an architect student, the composition of images on a page has always been stressed. Luckily, it is something I actually enjoy doing! As I'm sure you'll notice...I prefer inanimate objects for the subjects of my pictures--people tend to get in the way.

Examples of different angles...upwards and downwards. (There is some experimentation with tight shots and negative space, as well)
Examples of framing subjects, either by the camera's limitations or other objects in the composition.


Examples of "The Rule of Thirds."


Example of the use of light.


Examples of different lens usage. This particular aspect of photography was particularly useful for me, because I had never realized that my "point and click" camera still had potential to create these sort of effects.

Telephoto lens effect. Images either in the foreground or background are blurred.

"Wide" lens effect, where the picture may span a longer distance...


From now on, I think I'll be more conscious of how I snap pictures everyday. There are a lot of different ways to consider placement and composition, in order to create really capturing images.

1 comment:

  1. The telephoto picture looks really neat!
    I have a point and shoot camera as well, didn't know those kinds of cameras had that setting!

    ReplyDelete