Sunday, January 16, 2011

Nice to meet you, Clammers.

As a collective whole, we are entering new territories past political boundaries, over oceans, and becoming immersed in vastly different cultures. I can hardly wait to share this experience with others, and the "Clam" community seems to be a perfect outlet for expressing such.

After reading the course materials and watching the introduction videos, I feel prepared to begin documenting and engaging in the culture that I will be living in for the next four months. It will be an interesting challenge to use digital media in ways that I am not formerly used to. As an architecture student, using programs such as photoshop will come easily to me...However, cinema is a completely different can of worms. Hopefully, with the upcoming projects I will be able to strengthen my skills, and perhaps find a new passion? Maybe I'm the next James Cameron, who knows...

Back to reality: Here in Barcelona, we've already started our second week of classes and I've learned a lot about the Catalonian culture. It's intimidating to leave our home country and try to understand the stories and practices of another. However, it will be a great adventure and I cannot wait to share it with the rest of you. Nice to meet you, Clammers. I am Liz :)


1 comment:

  1. looking forward to seeing your work - and when you win your first Oscar, remember the professor who encouraged you!

    ReplyDelete